If, like me, you have blogs where you use to have an image at the very beginning of your posts then you should know that people expect to access your post by clicking on the image (I tested this with CrazyEgg).
That’s why I came up with the Linked Image plugin. This little plugin does just that, it takes the first image in your post and links it to the post itself. Everywhere but in the post page.
- Download the plugin and expand it.
- Copy the ‘first-image-permalink.php’ file into your plugins folder (wp-content/plugins/).
- Login into the WordPress administration area and go to the Plugins page.
- Locate the First Image Permalink plugin and click on the activate link
- That’s it
- The plugin doesn’t currently work if the first image is already linked and may render unexpected results.
- Smileys get linked too
Support further plugin development by making a small donation: